Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Patriot's Day

"Praise the Lord, O my soul, all my inmost being, praise his holy name. Praise the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits - who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's."
Psalm 103: 1-5

As I opened the daily news and read the daily results of sin - murders, deviances and injustices - I remember the drear drapery of sadness that enveloped our nation eleven years ago today, silencing us in muffled tears or rousing our heated anger in wracking sobs, and I cry out to my Savior! I know all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God and the wages of sin is death; I am a sinner, too, yet he redeems my life from the pit and crowns me with love and compassion because I believe in Him. He longs to do the same for the woman whose face I see on the front page. She is accused of killing an elderly lady, stuffing her body under a mattress and stealing her vehicle, yet here she is smirking in the photograph and I am incensed! What if that elderly person had been my mother? What right does this woman have to dispense such horror on another?
While we were yet sinners, Christ died for us - this includes her too, and those radical Islamic martyrs who died for the wrong cause. How sad for all. Where would any of us be without Jesus Christ?

No comments:

Post a Comment