Monday, September 6, 2021

My Father

 "By this I will know that God is for me...in God I trust; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me? Psalm 56: 9, 11

    When I was a child, there was a boy who was mean to me. When my father found out about it, to my surprise, he strode out into the street to speak to the boy. Though my dad was wearing his old yard clothes that day, to me he was attired as the Caped Crusader of Gotham City. I felt so safe, beloved and protected.

    Years have passed; so has my dear father. The bullies that bother me today are much larger, far-reaching and more threatening, but they are no match for my Father. Just as my dad took care of me, how much more does God?

    When the shadow of Goliath falls across my path, I draw such comfort in knowing there's nothing that can ever separate me from the love of God as shown in Christ Jesus. No circumstance in life, no threat of death, nothing in the unseen world nor in the ages to come, not a thing far up in the sky nor in the pits of hell can ever make God stop loving me. It's not because I have deserved it; it's just who He is.

    He's my Father.

"If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all - how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?" Romans 8: 31, 32

No comments:

Post a Comment