Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Hide and Seek

"Then they will call to me and I will not answer; they will look for me but will not find me since they hated knowledge and did not choose to fear the Lord." Proverbs 1: 28 & 29

"You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all you heart." Jeremiah 29:13

    Do you remember playing Hide and Seek long ago? It always seemed most fun at the onset, but after a while, fatigue set in. Or maybe the kid who was hiding hid so well we became discouraged. Our hearts weren't in it anymore. However, do you recall the joy when you found the one who was hidden? Everyone knew it, of course, due to the elated shouts that erupted. 

    In both verses above, the Lord is the one who's hiding as we seek. The soul who presses on and searches with all his heart will be rewarded by the elation of the heavenly host. "I tell you," said Jesus, "that in the same way, there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent." (Luke 15:7) By contrast, those who strolled the area half-heartedly, calling out now and then when the feeling arose, didn't find what they were looking for and they returned home alone. Why? Their hearts weren't in it.

    Repent of your sin. Revere God. Humble your earnest heart in prayer and you will find the Hidden Treasure.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment