Saturday, December 13, 2014

When Your Strength is Sapped

"The Lord will judge his people and have compassion on his servants when he sees their strength is gone."
Deuteronomy 32:36

     Have you ever been at your wit's end? The arsenal's empty, the shelves are bare, your resources are depleted entirely. You've exhausted your efforts and yourself in the process.

     When my youngest was little, she desperately wanted to learn to ride her bike sans training wheels. Since I was home most often with her, the task fell to me. Crippled over like Rumplestiltskin, I went up the sidewalk and down the sidewalk, holding bike and child erect, until I could go no more. My exasperated daughter threw her bike down and declared, "I'm never going to learn how to ride this bike!"

     Her dad came home from work and, after hearing our sad story, tried the task once with her and she caught on!

     The Lord, I believe, waits until we are at the end of our rope to show us that His rope has no end. It is when we have thrown up our hands in despair that His hands can take over.

     Give Him the praise and glory He so deserves for we worship a loving, compassionate God who is slow to anger and abiding in love. When your strength is gone, He will carry you.

No comments:

Post a Comment