Sunday, December 7, 2014

Dare to be Different

"For everyone looks out for his own interests, not those of Jesus Christ."
Philippians 2:21

     When I was a youngster in Sunday School, we'd always sing, "Come into my heart, Lord Jesus." As then, my prayer today is for him to take the wheel as I step aside, but this verse reminds me that my interests must follow. How do I spend my days? Do I use my gifts and abilities to honor him or do my thoughts only turn to him at mealtime or close of day?

     God is able to do so much more with me if I truly and totally surrender all. I don't want to be like everybody else, going his/her own way and placing their own interests above all else. I want to be different. I guess that's what is meant when God commands us to be holy as He is holy. Dare to be a unique creation in Christ, with the help of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment