Sunday, November 2, 2014

What a Blessing

"The Lord said to Moses, 'Tell Aaron and his sons, "This is how you are to bless the Israelites. Say to them;

     The Lord bless you and keep you;
     The Lord make his face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you;
     The Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace."

Numbers 6: 22-26

     This passage brings such lovely, peaceful memories to me. At the close of the church service, as the congregation stood with heads bowed, the pastor would speak that blessing over us as he gave the sign of the cross. We would respond with a triple Amen! before going home to begin a new week.

     By repeating the words slowly and personally, they bathe my heart with the warm love of God. He wants to bless me and keep me!  If his face shines upon me, that means he's happy to be with me! He is filled with grace and peace and it brims over onto me as his face turns toward mine. What a wondrous blessing.

     I encourage you to begin your day with this benediction.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment