Saturday, January 25, 2014

He'll Leave the Light on for You

"His life is the light that shines through the darkness - and the darkness can never extinguish it."
John 1:5

     The book "28 Minutes in Hell" portrays the author's experience in actual hell. He says God showed him what hell was like so he could come back and tell others. It was more eye-opening to me than any of the personal heavenly experiences I have ever read.

     Among other things, the author described the solid, impenetrable darkness and how lost it made him feel.He could not see his hand in front of his face. Light is associated with energy, happiness, finding our way, while darkness denotes a time for crime or trouble. This verse promises me that the light of Christ can never be put out by Satan! No matter how sin may shroud my world, there is always the Light of Hope, my blessed Jesus.

     Jesus, I pray for your light to expose the deepest corners in me. Chase away any hidden demons like dust bunnies under a broom.

    Seek the Lord while he may be found. He has left the light on for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment