Monday, January 20, 2014

Be an Overcomer

"Who is it that overcomes the world? Only he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God."
1 John 5:5

     There have been ambitious, power-hungry people who have wanted to dominate the world, or at least their portion of it. Me, I would not want a piece of that action. After reading the news, what do I want with this world? Shootings, rapes, drug abuse and crime...no, thanks.

     On the flip side, I can drink in a glorious sunset over Lake Erie, caress the breezes on the shoreline or adore the sweet baby-softness of a newborn. I love to sway to the cadence of music or stroke the smooth fur of a cat but I do not wish to stay in this world forever. It is not my home.

     By the power of Christ, I am an overcomer as I rise above the smoke of this world, clinging to these words of my Messiah:

     "I have told you these things so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But, take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33

     Jesus is the Son of God. Believe in him and have peace in the midst of chaos.

No comments:

Post a Comment