Saturday, September 21, 2013

The Choice is Yours

"I have chosen the way of truth; I have my heart set on your laws."
Psalm 119:30

     Recently, I was appalled by a personal ad I saw in the paper. A man named Don was looking for a witch, someone who could cast spells and work divinations. I felt a prick of fear for this Don - he has no idea just how deep that evil darkness can be - and yet, he is choosing it! If he maintains that direction, he will be tossed about and eaten alive.

     Praise God, I can steadfastly set my heart on his foundation that will never be shaken. I never have to wonder what the truth is, as Pontius Pilate did, for I have looked into the eyes of Christ and found it! With the help of God, I will be found standing firmly at the end of this crazy life.

     My prayer is that you will find the way, the truth and the life when you turn your eyes upon Jesus. John 3:16 says, "For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes on him shall not perish, but shall have eternal life." The choice is yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment