Saturday, September 14, 2013

A Parent's Prayer

     I'd like to speak to the parents today. Perhaps you have a child who really worries you. The child may be an adult or live in another state and you feel so helpless when they struggle. The evil one prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour, and you feel as though your precious child is his next meal. What can you do?

     You can daily pray Psalm 91, inserting your loved one's name within. I'll provide an excerpt using the name Mary:

"Mary will say of the Lord, 'He is my refuge and my fortress, my God in whom I trust.' Surely he will save Mary from the fowler's snare and from the deadly pestilence. He will cover her with his feathers and under his wings she will find refuge; his faithfulness will be her shield and rampart. Mary will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day, nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness, nor the plague that destroys at midday. A thousand may fall at her side, ten thousand at her right hand, but it will not come near her...For he will command his angels concerning her to guard her in all her ways; they will lift her up in their hands so that she will not strike her foot against a stone...I will be with her in trouble. I will deliver her and honor her."

     I have heard this is the perfect scripture to send along with a soldier as they leave for battle. Daily living is a battle! We can cover another in prayer, especially when they are unable to pray for themselves, for whatever reason. Fervently pray this prayer, envisioning your loved one surrounded by a hedge of holy protection. God really does care!

    

No comments:

Post a Comment