Saturday, September 21, 2013

Don't Mess With It

"Do not add to what I command you and do not subtract from it, but keep the commands of the Lord your God that I give you."
Deuteronomy 4:2

     Don't mess around with the law of God which is the Ten Commandments. It's just perfect the way it is so, just keep it!

     Love your God and worship none other. Do not abuse his holy name. Remember the Sabbath day and honor your parents.  Do not commit murder or adultery. Do not steal, lie or covet.

     Deuteronomy 4:6 says: "Observe them carefully for this will show your wisdom and understanding to the nations."

     I used to think God's commands were given just to keep us from having fun and to let God be bossy (I was very young and rebellious when I thought that!).  Now, I am quite thankful that God loved us enough that he gave us this template to live by and aspire to. He wants us to rise above our baser natures, to live as civilized people, not lawless buffoons. These commandments encompass all a society needs to live upright, peaceful lives. They are a precious gift, complete and in no need of editing. In my heart, I have broken every one of the ten, but thanks be to Jesus, he has paid for my sins.

     Help me, O God, to strive to live a holy life.

No comments:

Post a Comment