Sunday, April 14, 2013

What Impression Do I Make?

"Follow my example as I follow the example of Christ."
1 Corinthians 11:1

     At the end of any given day, if I could rewind a video of all I did and said, would I enjoy watching it? Would I share it with Jesus? Would He nod in approval as he saw me serve others in humility? Or would he cringe as I treated his people harshly with barbed words or gossip?
     Sometimes, a parent might say to their child, "Do as I say, not as I do." That's because the parent knows their weaknesses. It's easier to tell someone else how to behave than it is to carry it out. Let's face it: we are all sinners who fall short of the glory of God. But, as we surrender all to Jesus and ask him to lead us, we will make headway little by little.
     Lord, grant me your temperament, your love for people, your grace. May I have the mind of Christ so that my words may show the fruits of your Spirit. I am deeply sorry for all the times I have mislead others.

No comments:

Post a Comment