Saturday, April 27, 2013

God is Not Dead

"I know that my Redeemer lives and that in the end, he will stand upon the earth. And, after my skin has been destroyed, yet in my flesh, I will see God; I myself will see him with my own eyes - I and not another. How my heart yearns within me!"
Job 19: 25-27

     Oh, to see my Bridegroom with my own eyes! My eyes tear up and my heart's aflutter within me at the victorious scene described by the patient Job.  Like him, I can say with stalwart conviction: I know my Redeemer lives. He will stand upon the earth someday and every knee shall bow, every tongue shall confess that He, and no other, is Lord. He will set everything straight and bring the justice that is so needed.

     I think of the words of this hymn:
"I know that my Redeemer lives!
What comfort this sweet sentence gives.
He lives, he lives, who once was dead;
He lives my ever -living Head.

He lives and grants me daily breath;
He lives, and I shall conquer death;
He lives my mansion to prepare;
He lives to bring me safely there."

Go forth today in the joy and confidence that belongs to his redeemed! Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment