Saturday, April 27, 2013

True Freedom

"I run in the path of your commands, for you have set my heart free."
Psalm 119: 32

     Jesus' death in payment of my sins sets my heart free from the burdens of guilt and regret. Only then can I, unencumbered, run in the path of his commands. If I didn't have the freedom of his loving redemption and restoration, then following the Ten Commandments would be a chore, a seeming impossibility.
     Jesus said in Matthew 5:17: "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them." I need the Law, as does all of society; it is the barometer of abundant life. I also need Jesus to help me fulfill this Law in my heart. My love for him makes me want to do the right thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment