Friday, November 10, 2023

Soul Armor

 "When I am afraid, I put my trust in you. In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust and am not afraid. What can mere mortals do to me? Psalm 56: 3, 4

    A Christian media news outlet has been keeping me updated on the war in Israel. As the reporting progresses and, depending on location, the reporter may be shown wearing body armor as the evidence of war bombards behind him. I marvel at his ability to deliver the news without showing signs of fear. How can this be?

    When a person comes to Christ, he or she receives soul armor. When amid the clashes of good and evil, when spiritual enemies seek to slash our souls, we stand unmoved, untouched and unscathed. How can this be? 

    There was a story in the Voice of the Martyrs newsletter which told of a woman who was deeply involved in the occult, immersed in a secret society. Though she was able to inflict harm on others through witchcraft and voodoo, she was unable to have any influence on the Christian. How can this be?

    He, who has the power to raise the dead, whom demons obey and in whom rests all authority and power and dominion - He is the One who holds my hand and has promised to never let it go. Jesus not only holds my hand but He dwells within me, having sealed me with His Spirit until the day of redemption! That's how this can be. No wonder He tells me over and over again to "Fear Not."

    This gives me so much comfort; may it do so for you as well. If you have never confessed your sins and bared your soul to Jesus, do so now; today is the day of salvation. He loves you so and He will protect you from all evil.

 "I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand." John 10:28

"I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8: 38, 39

No comments:

Post a Comment