Tuesday, September 2, 2014

The Keeper of the Keys

"Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last, I am the Living One; I was dead and behold I am alive forever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades."
Revelation 1:17-18

     Remember when you got the keys to your first car? Holding the keys to my car or my house means I am the owner and I have the right to enter and do what I wish. No police officer is going to question me about that.

     Jesus holds the keys of death and Hades, for which I am soooooo glad. I would not want THOSE keys! Since he has the ownership, what have I to fear? Jesus owns Satan and his dastardly realm. He was given those keys when he became Victor over death on that first resurrection day and I will live eternally because His spirit lives within me. Whew!

     Jesus. He's the First. He'll be the Last. He'll close up at night and tuck me in. Sleep in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment