Friday, September 19, 2014

Being Clingy is Okay

"My soul clings to you."
Psalm 63:8

     I fondly remember holding my daughters as toddlers; they'd cling to me with their chubby, little hands. This told me they trusted me, they needed me and I loved it. Sometimes, they clung out of fear (my youngest was afraid of costumed mascots or Santa Claus) or sometimes, love drove them. Either way, they knew they had a safe refuge in me.

     Likewise, I love the vision of my soul clinging to my Father. I still feel like a child inside, one who would love to return to my childhood home, smell the supper on the stove and watch for my dad to come home from work. When responsibilities press down hard on me, I long for these pastoral days of my youth.

     There is no other feeling than going to the Lord with my apprehensions and appreciations, or just to rest at his feet in pastures green. What a relief to be yolked with my Savior, knowing that he will never give me more than I can bear.

     Being clingy is okay with Him, thank God!

No comments:

Post a Comment