Monday, July 7, 2014

This Shepherd is Good

"The watchman opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out."
John 10:3

     Jesus leads, he doesn't drive us, as cattle.  The sheep know his voice; he has names for us all. The sheep will run away from a stranger, they will not listen to any hollow or deceptive philosophy.

     Jesus saves us. "I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." (John 10:10) He cares for us so much that he laid down his life for us all.

     He protects us from predators. "Your rod and your staff, they comfort me." (Psalm 23:4) Sheep have no natural means of defense; they do not spray, scratch or shoot quills. They need the Good Shepherd who protects them from evil.

     "He leads me beside quiet waters."(Psalm 23:2) Sheep become fearful around agitated waters. Jesus knows what our fears are, he know our needs just as a good shepherd should.

     "My sheep listen to my voice; I know them and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand." (John 10: 27, 28) Jesus not only leads us here on these earthly pathways, but his is the Way to heaven, to life eternal.

     Look around at all the lost, scattered sheep. They've no restive pasture, no provision for their soul, no protection against evil. They will either get hurt or killed with no Shepherd to guide them.

     I exhort you to follow Jesus. He loves us so much that he laid down his life for us. He's sharp - he knows how to deal with our enemy. He wants us to have restoration for our souls, abundant life and green pastures. He will lead us through the valley of the shadow of death. We've nothing to fear.

     This Shepherd is GOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment