Monday, July 21, 2014

A Soft Spoken Man

"Behold! My Servant whom I uphold, my Elect One in whom my soul delights! I have put my Spirit upon him; He will bring forth justice to the Gentiles, He will not cry out, nor raise His voice, nor cause His voice to be heard in the street. A bruised reed He will not break, and a smoldering flax He will not quench. He will bring forth justice for truth. He will not fail nor be discouraged till he has established justice in the earth."
Isaiah 42: 1-4

     I was raised in a loving, Christian home. My parents were self controlled and soft spoken, rarely raising their voices or saying things they'd regret.

     Therefore, I can only imagine how healing these verses are to someone who has been abused or who experienced a lot of friction and hollering at home. How awful to live life on the edge of one's seat like that. But envision our loving Savior: He does not raise his voice. You won't walk by his house and hear dishes crashing or people screaming. Rather, with tenderness, he will encourage a bent stalk or fan a smouldering flame, not giving up if he sees the tiniest spark of hope. What a loving God we have! Yet, he's not a milktoast, a doormat or a pushover. He will bring forth justice. You who are oppressed, take heart! Look to Jesus because He has the strength, courage, compassion and justice. He will not fail!

No comments:

Post a Comment