Wednesday, September 4, 2024

Hard Boiled

 "Blessed is the one who heeds wisdom's instruction." Proverbs 29:18

    I thought I knew how to boil eggs, but the last time I did, it became clear that I had not mastered the task. Somewhere along the line, I had gotten off track.

    With my niece expected for lunch today, I desired hard boiled eggs to complement my salad fixings so I decided to consult my cookbook, and guess what? Because I followed the directions, the eggs came out beautifully. They were perfectly cooked and even peeled well.

    As I removed the shells over the sink, I thought about all the times in my life when I thought I knew what I was doing, but in all actuality, I ran pell-mell into folly. 

    If I had only consulted the Bible, all the wisdom and knowledge of God could have been found within its pages thereby saving me (and those affected by my folly) from a peck of trouble. I need to quit being so hard boiled and soften my heart to receive God's instructions. 

"Whoever gives heed to instruction prospers, and blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord." Proverbs 16:20

No comments:

Post a Comment