Monday, January 1, 2024

What's New?

 "In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth...So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them." Genesis 1:1, 27

    Gaily wrapped gifts have been opened by now. Ribbons rolled and saved until next year; reusable boxes have been stacked in the basement, hollow and waiting. All things that were exchanged from hand to hand, house to house or shipped o'er land and sea were not new items. They were made from pre-existing materials that have been around since the creation of the world.

    While reading from my "Today in the Word" devotional this morning, the author's thought spurred my soul: "We are valuable not because of what we produce or not because of what we can give to God. The most we can do is simply rearrange and reorganize what God already created."

    Though, this Christmas, I received and gave some lovely gifts, the true gift is what Jesus has created in us. The Scripture tells me, "Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day." (2 Corinthians 4:17) The true gift is ME! It's Christmas every day when we live in Christ.

    Dear Lord, today as I rearrange and reorganize the living room, may my heart bend in true worship to You, my Creator. May I reflect on the new me that you are working on every day. It is really miraculous to think that You are making all things new, beginning with the hearts of believers like me. Let your light shine in me, like the star that guided the wise men, drawing others to the Light of the World. I love you, Jesus.

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come; the old has gone, the new is here!" 2 Corinthians 5:17

No comments:

Post a Comment