Monday, January 2, 2023

My New Year's Resolution

 "I want to know Christ." Philippians 3:10

    On New Year's Eve, the question was asked of me, "Where do you see yourself at the end of 2023?" It was one of those questions for which the answer came slowly, a few days later.

    Initially, my mind pondered the temporal hallmarks of life. I have all I could ever need or ask - husband, home, daughters, granddaughter. My health is stellar. My job pays well and is in close proximity to my home. I have never been in want or neglect. I am content.

    Spiritually, however, I have not reached my goal, nor will I ever do so, because the work is never done! Like the Apostle Paul, I "press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me." (Philippians 3:12) 

    My parents wrote the following verse inside the cover of the Bible they gave me: "But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. To Him be glory both now and forevermore. Amen." (2 Peter 3:18) Looking over my shoulder, have I grown in my faith? Have I gotten to know Jesus, the One with whom I will spend eternity? Have I shared the gospel with others? 

    To answer the question that was asked of me, I resolve to see Christ more clearly, to be attuned to His guidance and to ponder His will for my life. Pray without ceasing, love because He first loved me and do all things through Him who gives me strength. "So we make it our goal to please Him." (2 Corinthians 5:9)

    This is my New Year's resolution.

"But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead. I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." Philippians 3:13, 14

No comments:

Post a Comment