Thursday, November 24, 2022

You're Welcome

 "Enter His gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise; give thanks to Him and praise His name. For the Lord is good and His love endures forever; His faithfulness continues through all generations." Psalm 110: 4, 5

    Working with the public provides an interesting view of humanity. At the cafeteria where I work, when a student thanks me for handing them their lunch, it makes such a difference in my own demeanor. When I assure that person they are welcome to my services, I mean it with all my heart. 

    Imagine with me for a moment that, in response to our thankfulness to God, He says with sincerity, "You're welcome."

    You are welcome to forgiveness of your sins, cleansed by the blood of the Lamb. You are welcome to friendship with the Creator of the world. You are welcome to the table that He has prepared for you, one with overflowing cups and abundant food for your soul. You are welcome to approach the throne of the King of kings with confidence as a child of God. You are also welcome to eternal life in the mansions of glory that He has established for those who love Him.

    A few days ago, my husband and I began to write down our blessings so that, when we come to Him in prayer today, we would have our list ready. It took only a few minutes to fill the pages; I am looking forward to verbally praising the Lord for ALL He has done for us because I know He will smile and say, "You're welcome."

"Sing and make music from your heart to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ." Ephesians 5: 19, 20 

No comments:

Post a Comment