Friday, July 8, 2022

The Personal Touch

"This is what the Lord says, He who made the earth, the Lord who formed it and established it - the Lord is His name: Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know." Jeremiah 33: 2, 3

    Raise your hand if you share in my frustration. Have you ever tried to call a large corporation to ask a question? If the call is answered, are you connected with a real person or a robot who keeps sending you around loops and circles? In righteous anger, do you find yourself shouting at this tele-person, wishing you could slam the phone down as in the old days when phones had a cradle?

    Recently, I bought a new phone. When a question arose that not even the techie could answer, she suggested I call Google and ask someone there. Evenly I gazed at her and declared, "You and I both know no one calls Google and reaches a real person." It was the same thing when I attempted to call the United States Postal Service. No wonder people go "postal!"

    In awe, I am here to tell you that when we call the Maker of heaven and earth, He Himself answers the phone! Not a robot, not a secretary, not a phony message that claims "your call is important to me." Isn't that incredible? In fact, before we even dial, He answers. Listen to this: "Before they call I will answer; while they are still speaking, I will hear." (Isaiah 65:24) How can this be? Yet, it is so.

    And what's more, when He answers, He goes above and beyond my query by telling me "great and unsearchable things" that I didn't know. Not even Google can do that. 

    In whom can we trust? To whom can we turn for answers before frustration has us yelling at inanimate objects? If we truly believe in the Lord who established the earth, shouldn't we be able to trust Him with all our heart and lean not on our own understanding? (Proverbs 3:5) "He who did not spare His own Son, but gave Him up for us all - how will He not also, along with Him, graciously give us all things?" (Romans 8:32) Raise your hand if you know the answer!

"Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you." 1 Peter 5:7

    

 

No comments:

Post a Comment