Saturday, April 30, 2022

The Rear View Mirror

 "I remember the days of long ago; I meditate on all Your works and consider what Your hands have done." Psalm 143:5

    At my age, there's more ground in the rear view mirror than what yawns before me. What do I see there? A lanky, goofy, shy kid who was taller than others my age, who would rather be home playing with her cat than joining social circles. Home was the placenta of safety, unconditional love and care. My parents approached the throne room of the Almighty on my behalf, intervening into the spiritual realms, asking for protection as I journeyed. I didn't want to leave.

    A parallel place to my domicile in Grand River had stained glass windows, a robed choir and a larger family of folks who loved me and called me "Rae." At the time, I didn't see the larger picture of why my parents had me baptized and why I had to attend catechism classes, youth groups and Sunday School. They were introducing me to the Family of God, one of eternal impact, where our Father reigns forever and we are joint heirs with His Son, Jesus. 

    No matter where I go, the road is always blessed by my brothers and sisters in Christ. When I have had a disabled vehicle or have lost my way, there were others who served as the helping hands of God, getting me where I am today, praying me through one wreck after another. Providing a roadside picnic to strengthen me for the days ahead.

    My traveling days are not over. Looking ahead, I see my nieces and nephews and my granddaughter who will need mentoring, as well as a host of lost kids at the school where I work. When I meditate on all that God has done for me, I am thoroughly equipped to be a tour guide. My testimony is proof that nothing can ever separate me from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus my Lord. (Romans 8: 38, 39)

"Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in You. Show me the way I should go, for to You I entrust my life." Psalm 143:8

    

No comments:

Post a Comment