Thursday, February 23, 2023

Seeds of Promise

 "Then God said, 'Let the land produce vegetation: seed-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seeds in it, according to their various kinds.' And it was so." Genesis 1:11

    After paring a pear this morning, as I gathered up the stem and core, a small brown seed captured my attention. It was a tiny, tangible reminder of the faithfulness of God; a promise within a seed. Every since He created the world, pears have been providing the necessary seeds for more pears without fail. That seed in my hand, if planted would not produce an apple tree, nor would a stately oak emerge. No, just as God said, it will bear fruit according to its kind. 

    How simply amazing and easy it is to believe in our Creator! The seasons come and go in a rotation according to His divine plan. A new day dawns and comes to a close with the precision of clockwork. Knowing that my soul is more precious than many sparrows and that I have been created in the very image of God, to believe in any other explanation for my being here is pure blasphemy. To believe in evolution is to call God a liar, plain and simple.

    That wee pear seed has a place of honor on my kitchen windowsill where its sight will remind me of my Creator God. If you ever doubt the very real presence of God, just pare a pear. All the evidence you need is right there.

"Your word, Lord, is eternal; it stands firm in the heavens. Your faithfulness continues through all generations; you established the earth, and it endures. Your laws endure to this day, for all things serve you." Psalm 119: 89-91 

No comments:

Post a Comment