Thursday, October 27, 2022

Precious

"For you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed from the empty way of life handed down to you from your ancestors, but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect." 1 Peter 1: 18, 19

    I've been thinking of my mom today, since this would have been her birthday. I wonder how she's doing in her heavenly home, if she stills sings hymns while doing chores or if she is laughing alongside her Savior as they stroll the golden streets. 

    God blessed my sisters and me with a Christian upbringing. Our parents were never abusive, nor did we experience any impropriety that instilled doubt or fear. The older I get, the more I realize this was not the case for many people who bear scars of abuse, abandonment or trauma. 

    To those I want to say, here's what I know: We are precious to God because we were redeemed by the very blood of His Son. The definition of "precious" is this: Of high cost or worth, valuable, highly esteemed, cherished, dear, beloved. Imagine someone should look at you and ask God, "What'd you pay for that?" He will reply, "That person is priceless to me." We are bought with a price, the priceless lifeblood of Christ.

    In this world, we will have trouble, but the passionate, unconditional love of God far surpasses it all. The Bible says while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. We didn't have to clean up our act first so that He would love us. He loves us anyway.

    Even if your own parents forsake you, God never will. Put your trust in the One who is trustworthy. You are his special possession.

"But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God's special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light." 1 Peter 2:9


No comments:

Post a Comment