Saturday, March 5, 2022

The No Cry Zone

 "Now the dwelling of God is with men, and He will live with them. They will be His people and God Himself will be with them and be their God. He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away." Revelation 21: 3,4

    I want to be an oak tree, strong and resilient to weather any storm. So, I put on the full armor of God, from the helmet on down to the gospel shoes, and I hone the sword, which is the Word of God, before sliding it into the scabbard. The armament God has provided holds a plethora of top-of-the-line equipment, so there's no shortage of verses with which to combat fear and discouragement.

  • "When I am afraid, I will trust in You. In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid. What can mortal man do to me?" Psalm 56: 3, 4
  • "Cast your cares on the Lord and He will sustain you; He will never let the righteous be shaken." Psalm 55:22
  • "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9
    With all this, why do I still have times of discouragement? Why do tears assail and fears prevail when verses like these are written upon my heart? After all, they aren't just head knowledge; I firmly believe them and can testify to their validity. A feeling of failure settles upon me like a conquered warrior at times like these.

    I sought the Bible for direction this morning and here's what I read: "All people are like grass, and their faithfulness is like the flowers of the field... The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the Word of our God endures forever." (Isaiah 40: 6-8) I'm not an oak tree, I'm grass; tender, swaying and vulnerable to the elements.

    On this side of heaven, there will be death, mourning, crying and pain which will affect me, even when wearing my armor, because the old order of things has not yet passed away. My sinful nature is still combating the new nature Christ gave me while that wily ole devil skulks around accusing me. The battle is not completely over until I reach the no-cry zone. Only there may I lay down my armament beneath the leaves of the tree that are for the healing of the nations. I will gaze at the face of God, free from the curse that dogged me. These words are trustworthy and true. (Rev. 22:6)

"Nothing impure will ever enter it, nor will anyone who does what is shameful or deceitful, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb's book of life." Revelation 21:27

    

No comments:

Post a Comment