Wednesday, October 15, 2014

This Means War!

"Then the dragon (Satan) was enraged at the woman (the nation, Israel) and went off to make war against the rest of her offspring - those who obey God's commandments and hold to the testimony of Jesus."
Revelation 12:17

     Earlier in this chapter, it tells me that Satan is "filled with fury because he knows that his time is short." (vs. 12) Scary stuff! An enraged dragon is filled with fury and determined to make war. Good thing I know how this story ends.

     Have you ever watched one of those movies that has a really bad antagonist who perpetrates pure evil? He may have even started out as a nice guy who gained the trust of others, but as the movie gets closer to the end, the evil increases, like a Satanic creschendo. The viewer is on the edge of his seat wondering if the protagonist's strength will hold out just a little bit longer. After all, he must overcome evil and save the others!

     Satan is depicted in the Bible, aptly enough, as a foul, enraged dragon. Probably has yellow teeth, red beady eyes and rancid breath. Who does he attack with vengeance? Those who obey God and hold on tightly to the testimony of Jesus. That means me! The smelly dragon is waging war on me. Shall I quake in my boots? Run for my life? NO! By the power vested in me, infused by the Holy Spirit, I hold the cross of Christ high and remember: Greater is he that is in me than he that is in the world." With patient endurance and stalwart faith, I know that my Redeemer lives and he has overcome. He is my protagonist.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment