"I will walk among you and be your God, and you will be my people." Leviticus 26:12
"My dwelling place will be with them; I will be their God, and they will be my people." Ezekiel 37:27
With great expectation, Dave and I went to the airport to greet our daughter and her two children who have not come to our home since last May. While we waited I did some people watching. One woman waited rather impatiently, checking her timepiece and looking often down the corridor. Two men passed by carrying a sign that said, "Welcome Home!" A happy family of four joyously ran up to their kin as their children greeted their grandparents. Soon it would be our time for this elation.
When we finally saw our familiar faces whose photographs we see daily, nothing could beat an honest-to-goodness in-person hug!
I got to thinking about this. If I feel this strongly about seeing my descendants, I can only imagine how my heavenly Father feels when His children, on whom He has lavished such love, run into His arms.
Ribboned throughout the Bible we see how God longs to be reunited with us. He, who once walked with mankind in the garden until sin entered the world, set into action a plan to bridge our gap. That plan was Jesus, the Holy Son of God, who came down to earth in person and made His dwelling among us. For those who believe upon His Name, transferring their trust onto Him, He sends his Holy Spirit to live within us.
What a happy reunion!
But that's not the end of the story; there's more to come. When Jesus comes again, we shall see Him face-to-face. Honest-to-goodness and in-person! The separation will finally be over as we all sit down at the banquet table to enjoy the marriage supper of the Lamb. Oh, happy day.
No comments:
Post a Comment